Thursday, March 11, 2010

Butter Chicken....


 This was posted by PW but it was a tasty chicken recipe and you can find it HERE. I did my own similar version of the recipe. I had to improvise since I did not have all the same ingredients. 

Ingredients:
1/4 tsp chipotle
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp cardomom
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 onion chopped
3 cloves of garlic, chopped crushed whatever you like
1 whole lime
1 Tbsp of butter
1 can (14.5 Oz. Can) Tomato Sauce
1 can (14.5 Oz. Can) Petite Diced Tomatoes
1 Tbsp fresh basil
1 Tbsp fresh parsley
1 pint Whipping Cream

Directions:
Combine the 1st 8 ingredients in a bowl ( I like to do it in a zip lock bag) and let sit overnight or for a couple of hours so that the ingredients can combine and marinate. 
I like to pound out the meat to tenderize it and this way it cooks evenly!!
Next you want to brown the chicken on both sides and then add the onions to saute.
When the chicken is browned on both sides and the onions are soft add your tomatoes and sauce (we do not like chunks of tomatoes so I just did the sauce) Then add the parsley and basil! Let it simmer for about 30 minutes!!
AND while you wait you can pull your kids around the house in a laundry basket.....yup never a dull moment around here!!!

Ok enough fun back to cooking!!!

Then in the very end add your cream.
 We had rice with ours. I I like to brown the rice a little first before cooking. For a cup of rice I use a Tbsp of butter 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp of black pepper and just saute it for 2 or 3 minutes then add the water.
For our vegetable we had zucchini....nice and easy. Just sauteed it in some Olive Oil salt and pepper and just a little teryiaki (1Tbsp).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...