- 1 1/2-2 Sticks unsalted butter, clarified and cooled
- 1 lb fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 Tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 Pkg Phyllo dough, thawed (1 8oz pk)
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- olive oil
2. Sauté chopped onion and parsley in olive oil until onions are translucent, about 3 minutes. Add to spinach, along with egg, lemon juice, feta and nutmeg, combine until all ingredients are well mixed.
3. Lay out 1 piece of Phyllo dough, brush with butter, overlap with one more piece of Phyllo, brush again with butter. Using a sharp knife (or a pizza cutter), cut your Phyllo into 3 strips, (picture below to help give you a visual).
4. Place about 1 1/2 Tbs of spinach mixture at the end of each strip of Phyllo. Roll into triangles, like you would the American Flag :)
5. Continue until you've used all of your spinach mixture. Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until they're nice and golden. Sprinkle with a little salt while they're still hot.
1. Keep your Phyllo under plastic wrap and a damp towel while you're working with it.
2. You can make these ahead (about 3-4 days), freeze before cooking, then when you need them, just pop them in the oven frozen!
3. If you aren't interested in all this work, make a pie in a baking dish instead. Bake for about 40 minutes, cutting into slices about half way through.