Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Salsa


Salsa

8 cups tomatoes, chopped
5 stalks celery with leaves, chopped
3 medium onions, chopped
2 green peppers, chopped
12 Jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
12 oz tomato paste
4 t salt
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
3/4 cup sugar
2 1/2 Tbs cilantro

Combine together in a large pot. Bring to a boil then pour hot into jars.


NOTES: This is what I made with the goodies I got from my mom and dad and my sister....thanks guys!!!! So that's the recipe and here is what I did different. Instead of using the store bought celery I used about 3 tablespoons of the stuff from my mom and dads garden....it's celery but just leaves and much stronger but sweeter taste. I used 10 Jalapeno peppers 4 seeded 6 unseeded next time I would cut back some more on those. I also used 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, lime juice instead of lemon and I used 2 WHOLE HEADS of roasted garlic I think that REALLY made it for me. Ohh and I used only one red pepper instead of green because that's all I had on hand. Next time I make this and I will for sure I will also roast the red peppers 1st.

It was fun to make because I like chopping and it's always so rewarding to have something completely home made :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...