Thursday, June 17, 2010

Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana....

 If I could I would eat this soup EVERY day. I absolutely love Olive Gardens soup and the main reason I like to go there. That and the Ravioli di Portobello which I can't wait to try and make at home. Try this it's worth the effort!!!

Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana
Ingredients (SERVES 3 -4 )

1 1/2 cups spicy sausage (I used mild)
2 medium potatos, cut in half lengthwise and cut into 1/4 inch slices
3/4 cup onion, diced
6 slices bacon
1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 cups kale leaves, cut in half, then sliced
2 tablespoons chicken base (I just used 1 quart of chicken broth)
1 quart water
1/3 cup heavy cream

Directions

If sausage is in links, take out of wrapper (or slice).
Cook ground sausage, until done. Cook bacon and onion over medium heat, when bacon is crisp, take it out of the pan and leave the onion.
Add garlic to the onion, and cook 1 minute.
Add chicken base, water, and potatoes; simmer 15 minutes.
Crumble bacon.
Add crumbled bacon, sausage, kale and cream.
Simmer 4 minutes, then serve.

2 comments:

  1. love this soup! looks so hearty!, great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute soup bowl. You always have the cutest dishes!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...