Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Roasting Garlic!!!

Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Peel away the outer layers of the garlic bulb skin, leaving the skins of the individual cloves intact. Using a knife, cut off 1/4 to a 1/2 inch of the top of cloves, exposing the individual cloves of garlic.
Place the garlic heads in a baking pan; muffin pans work well. Drizzle a couple teaspoons of olive oil over each head, using your fingers to make sure the garlic head is well coated. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake at 400°F for 30-35 minutes, or until the cloves feel soft when pressed.

Allow the garlic to cool. Press the bottom of the garlic head and gently push out the yummy centerof each clove, they should pop out easily.
There are so many uses for roasted garlic. It has a totally different taste roasted and it's actually how I learned to like garlic. Try using it to make garlic toast with cheese on top or use it in pasta dishes or to flavor a chicken dish. Really good in dips too!! French onion with roasted garlic.....ohhh goodie now I have to make it!!!

4 comments:

  1. I adore roasted garlic, so mellow and pugent... I use it in so many dishes xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love garlic no matter how it's made, but roasted garlic is so yum. Have you ever tried mixing it with a good spicy grain mustard and use it on a pork tenderloin or chop as a rub and roast? Chicken works great too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been doing this so much lately!! I always have the paste in a tupperware in the fridge.:) put it in scrambled eggs this morning..so yummy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh ps..I never cover it with foil..I always forget but it works the same..I don't understand the foil part..?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...