Sunday, January 30, 2011

Bread....

I'm not sure if there is a better smell in the world than the smell of baking bread coming out of the oven. Seriously they should make an air freshener that smells like freshly baked bread. It would be a hit....really.....someone should try it.

I have tried many bread recipes in the past. I recently got a bread machine on Freecycle unfortunetly it does not work so well but hey it was free and actually I will probably end up getting rid of it. I love bread, I'm addicted to bread, I love all kinds of bread from white to rye bread but there are few recipes that have worked for me. I recently came across this recipe and I simply could not wait to try it. Just looked delicious and pretty simple to make. Today I finally found the energy and extra time to make it.

It's absolutely delicious and BY FAR the BEST bread I have ever made. This is one of those recipes that will definetly be used over and over in our house. Between the kids, myself and my husband the 1st loaf is almost gone. Try it.....try it soon.

WHITE BREAD (makes 2 loaves)
adapted from A Foodie Stays Fit

Add the following ingredients to Bosch or large mixer and mix for 2 minutes.
  • 1.5 tablespoons active dry yeast
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 2.5 cups bread flour
  • 3 cups quite warm water
Then add:
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
  • 1 .5 tablespoons salt
Mix for 4 more minutes.
Then start to add more bread flour, 1 cup at a time, usually 4-5 cups more.
Mix for 5 more minutes. The dough should clean the bowl and feel a little stiff.
Turn the dough out onto the counter and knead for a couple of minutes by hand until a ball forms.
Place into a large greased bowl, cover with a damp cloth and let rise until doubled, 45-90 minutes.
Form into 2 loaves and place in greased pans. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise until they are barely above the top of the pan, around 30 minutes.
Bake at ~350 degrees for about 33 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...