This recipe would work well for individual servings too just make sure you use oven safe dishes :)
Strawberry Rhubarb CrispIngredients:
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons corn starch (you can also use all-purpose flour)
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 3 cups diced rhubarb
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup slithered almonds, optional
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix white sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, strawberries, and rhubarb. Place the mixture in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Mix 1 1/2 cups flour, brown sugar, butter, oats and nuts until crumbly. You may want to use a pastry blender for this. Crumble on top of the rhubarb and strawberry mixture.
- Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until crisp and lightly browned.
A yummy iced coffee with a piece of this crisp enjoyed in PEACE and QUIET while all 3 of my boys napped....yes all 3 at the same time :))))))