Thursday, January 6, 2011

Secret Recipe Chocolate Chip Cookies and a come back to food blogging.....

As promised HERE I will make my comeback to food blogging by posting one of my favorite cookie recipes. I forgot how delicious these were. My husband who seems to like only one type of cookie my chocolate chip recipe also thinks that these are scrumptious. They are also a winner with the kids.
Secret Recipe Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 cup rolled oats, regular or quick
2 1/4 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 cup butter, room temperature
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp lemon juice
2 eggs
3 cups chocolate chips ( I only used 1 cup I like to taste the cookie and not just chocolate)
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats. Place rolled oats in blender or food processor and process until finely ground. Combine ground oats, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a mixing bowl.

2. In another bowl, cream butter, sugars, vanilla and lemon juice together using an electric mixer. Add eggs and beat until fluffy.

3. Stir the flour mixture into egg mixture, blending well. Add the chocolate chips and nuts to the dough and mix well.  Using 1/4 cup of dough for each cookie, scoop round balls with an ice cream scoop and place 2 1/2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. ( I like to make my cookies little so I used a small ice cream scoop and cut the baking time to 10 min)

4. Bake until cookies are lightly browned 16-18 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in a sealed container to keep them soft and chewy.
 They are very addictive!!! Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

  1. They do look wonderful! We've missed you. Where have you been? Hope you're back for good? Happy New Year x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...