Thursday, July 1, 2010
A little help from the store.....
I used a boxed cake mix for this; bake according to the box directions
fruit for decoration I used blueberry's and strawberry's
raspberry lime curd
1 cup frozen raspberries, defrosted
zest of 4 limes
5 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1/3 cup lime juice
pinch of salt
1. Press raspberries through a fine sieve to extract all the pulp. Set aside.
2. In a medium sized bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together zest, butter, and sugar. Incorporate eggs one at a time and mix until smooth. Add in raspberry pulp, lime juice and salt. Mixture will be curdled. Don’t freak out!
2. Pour mixture into a large saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, for about 10 minutes. Raspberry lime curd will come together and thicken. When it is thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon, remove from heat. Strain through a fine sieve into a glass bowl and allow to cool. Refrigerate or freeze until you need it.
raspberry lime cloud frosting
1 cup plus 1 tablespoon confectioner’s sugar
1/2 cup cold raspberry lime curd
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 teaspoon lime zest
1. In a small bowl, whisk together confectioner’s sugar and raspberry lime curd.
2. In another bowl, beat the cream on high until stiff peaks form.
3. Fold the two mixtures together until smooth, being careful not to deflate the whipped cream. If mixture becomes too smooth, you can whir it around with the mixer to fluff it up.
Putting it all together:
Once the cupcakes are completely cooled cut little holes in the center of each cupcake then filled with the raspberry curd and top with the raspberry lime cloud frosting then decorate with the fruit.....enjoy!!!