Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Avocado Butter....

I don't know about you all but I love Avocado. I would eat it here or there I would eat it anywhere. I would eat it on a boat I would eat it with a goat.....ohh boy I do I need to get out and be amongst adults!!!
Our little baby boy is 2 months old now and I still have a little over 10 pounds of baby weight to loose...sigh. I hate dieting. But it's foods like this that keep me going. I did make my hubby his favorite strawberry rhubarb crisp and though my lunch was simply delicious and satisfying that evil dish is staring at me from the kitchen calling me...eat me....eat me. I will be strong!!!

Avocado Butter:

1/2 avocado
1/2 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper, or to taste
1/2 tsp fresh chopped cilantro (basil is delicious too)
1 tsp of mayo (I used light)
1/2 tsp lime

Directions:

 Cut the Avocado in half and twist. The pit will stay on the one side.
 Using a spoon scoop out one half of the avocado onto a cutting board and place remaining ingredients on top, except lime. Using a fork mash them all together till nice and creamy. You could also use a food processor for this part.
 Drizzle with lime and continue mixing. You can skip this the only reason I used it was because in the middle of making my lunch baby Christopher decided he could not wait to eat. The lime keeps it from turning brown but I really liked the flavor it added.
 This recipe makes just enough butter for one sandwich for me. You could make it go further if you used less but like I said I like me some avocado :) SO here is a little tip....if you did not know this once you cut into an avocado you pretty much have to use it right away or it will turn brown and icky. I found that if you leave the pit in the avocado and drizzle it with a little lime or lemon it will stay nice and fresh longer.
Just store it in a zip lock baggie with the pit left inside.

Delicious....you can eat it on a burger, on a freshly baked peace of bread, in tacos, with some tortilla chips, on a sandwich with a spoon or you can eat on a train or in the rain :0 ohh boy Dr. Suss book are stuck in my head. 
I had mine with a salmon burger on a sandwich thin with a tomato, spinach, and a slice of cheese :) 
For desert I had some fresh fruit but that strawberry rhubarb crisp is staring at me.....be strong!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...